Atom 4 Paint Protection and Detailing

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Anon

Re: Atom 4 Paint Protection and Detailing

Post by Anon » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Dirt, flies etc seems easier to clean off ppf and it saves the paint work from scratches when cleaning it. It's expensive to apply though, if I had a Nomad I would almost certainly get it applied. But depends how fussy you are really.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Sorry, I was being facetious.

Do you remember as a kid when Mum bought you a new pair of Dunlop green flash plimsolls, you felt compelled to scuff them up before being bullied at school by Mad Ralph the traveller's son?

Well that's Nomad ownership ;-)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:58 am

One thing you might want to keep in mind is insurance.

Another car I drive has a forum, like this, and a fair few have mentioned recently that their insurer both sees PPF as a modification, and also in each of these cases won't insure it.

The reason given is that the PPF costs a lot to install, thus increasing repair costs.

I'm not for one second saying any of you will have a problem, but having read of others thought it worth mentioning.

Anon

Post by Anon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:48 am

Good point Phil. Re insurance and slight off topic on this but important. My insurance underwriter increased my premium by 25% after my power upgrade. If you get the power upgrade and do not tell the insurer that the power has increased then they told me I would not be covered.