Atom 4 - driving impressions

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Tompy

Re: Atom 4 - driving impressions

Post by Tompy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Peter255 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 pm If it's anything like the 2 way MDS, 5 is set to medium. So start on 5 all round.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thank you peter!!
Set everything to 5. What a difference!
Amazing how easy it is to drive the car. When turning push the throttle, car goes a bit sideways. No problem!
So easy!! I think with the cold now gripp is less than it should be.
But what an addictive car!! You want to floor it all the time

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:43 pm

First day of driving in the Atom today.

I am speechless how good it is, for those who haven’t driven an Atom before and are deliberating whether or not to spec the traction control..... I recommended you do so, it kicked in a lot today on the damp welsh roads and that’s with using it sensibly to run it in correctly, I can imagine it catching a lot of new owners out with some spirited driving otherwise.

I have only driven it for just over 100 miles and I can honestly say I am gutted I haven’t owned an Atom before now, this is by far the best ‘drivers car’ I’ve ever owned, i love the look, the noises (sport exhaust, 350bhp upgrade) and the way it drives, the handling and gear change is fantastic, I really can’t give it enough credit- I’ve been smiling all day since I parked it back up, I can’t wait to go back out again!

The reserving camera is excellent, it’s better than I expected, I wouldn’t fancy reversing an A4 without it, the picture is crystal clear and it’s well worth having imo.

For those who are waiting for delivery/on the list, you won’t be disappointed!

Any questions- happy to answer.

Cheers
Dean

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Glad you enjoying it. :tu:

They are great fun. When its warm and dry there is nothing to match one IMO. 8)

I was out in the car today, was mostly dry and traction was pretty good. Mine is run in now ~850 miles and its getting the full beans. I managed to get the tyres warm and all is well then on a decent bit of tarmac even in 2nd. lol >:D

Lovely stuff. Roll on the summer. 8)
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.