Anyone know this car...

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
razbox

Anyone know this car...

Post by razbox » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 am

https://www.targafloriocars.com/used/ca ... om/3-5-472

I'm thinking of buying it and getting back into an Atom after four years away. Looking for a car before the Atom 4 arrives.

cheers

wasp

Re: Anyone know this car...

Post by wasp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am

It looks like a nice, clean car but be aware that it has basic brakes and suspension.
This will really not help if you want to go on track and will generally limit its appeal at resale.
Obviously these can be retro-fitted but the cost would soon outweigh the value of the car.

Cheers,
Stu

razbox

Post by razbox » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 am

wasp wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am It looks like a nice, clean car but be aware that it has basic brakes and suspension.
This will really not help if you want to go on track and will generally limit its appeal at resale.
Obviously these can be retro-fitted but the cost would soon outweigh the value of the car.
Thanks Stu, I don't intend to go on track, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:42 am

I don't know that car but just in case you missed it, this car appeared on eBay a few days ago at £30k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-PLATE-A ... %7Ciid%3A1

It is also showing on the garage's Facebook page at £35k:

It has a much better spec. with only £10k miles.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Fastlane

Not sure what model Ohlins the dampers are - but they certainly aren't the Ohlins normally supplied by the Ariel factory for road cars and appear not to be easily adjustable - but, however, they may be the more basic Ohlin's fitted to Atom Cup cars?

It's got a handbrake and I think Alcon brakes at the front - not sure about the rear brakes.

It doesn't say whether it is an Atom 245 or 300/310 sc - but there is a possibility that with the fitted rollover bar and FIA cutoff switch might have either been a Cup Car (or possibly an experience day car - although the mileage is rather low for an experience day car - unless it has had a new dash?)

From the price asked I rather suspect that it is probably an Atom 245?

Very poorly documented/advertised - however might well be worth ringing the vendor and asking for the registration and then running it by the factory to discover what they know about it's history?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:43 pm

With the welded in roll bar, battery cut off, and the cup type non-adjustable Ohlins it looks like a cup car to me. Its missing the side bars from the roll bar tho!

As a cup / race car the mileage is irrelevant. It will have be driven HARD and may have been damaged and repaired.

Best to get that checked out carefully. Also I have heard those dampers are very hard for road use (unless rebuilt to road spec).
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

razbox

Post by razbox » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:37 am

Turns out the car was just sold... the search continues :)