Wanting to buy this atom in London

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
cutch

Wanting to buy this atom in London

Post by cutch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi guys, I'm a newbie and I am looking to buy an atom currently advertised in Prindiville Showroom in London heres the Pistonheads link:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... ed/8874318

I have requested the build sheet from Tom at the factory and he Kindly sent it over but I am a bit worried that the spec on the car is not what it should be , in the ad they say big brakes front and rear but the build sheet says only front? Also it should have magnesium wheels but the ones in the pictures are the normal ones aren't they?

Excuse my ignorance if I have got any of this wrong but as I said I'm new to the atoms.

Heres the original build spec when built for comparison.
original spec for new owner.pdf
(36.71 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

phil4

Re: Wanting to buy this atom in London

Post by phil4 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 pm

It's possible the pics aren't of the car, or the car isn't the same as they're advertising.

However the pics show Alcon's on the rear. This may have been something done by the owner... I'll come onto that in a second.

You're right that the original spec was with Mag wheels... and it doesn't have them. The spec also doesn't mention a front wing, there isn't one in the pic (but then nor is the black bonnet), so perhaps an extra not fitted.

It's 8 years old and looks like the owner may have changed the spec a bit, sold of the mag wheels, added a front wing, added the rear alcons, bought some new bonnet and airbox, and looks like they've added some seat pads. Looks like it might have an intercom also

I'd not write it off as a no go, I'd just weigh it up as spec'd, and perhaps Ask the factory about whether they saw it for servicing.

cutch

Post by cutch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Thats the car. Ive been talking to them for a couple.of days about it and he said it has the factory wheels in the pictures of the car. I said they werent the correct ones. Ive asked the factory about servicing and they say they havent seen it in a while.

The owner is actually selling it on pistonheads with an older advert and i phoned it after i put a bid in on the showroom one and it turned out to be the same car! Heres the ad

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 00/8695626

I asked him about the car and i turned out to be the same one and he said he'd had an offer that day higher than i had actually put in and was going to wait to see if he could get more and sell the extras separately. I obviously informed him it was me that had put the offer in and it was lower than he was trying it on with!

Im trying to do a deal with the showroom as hes actually now tied into a contract with them and i have to use them but i want the spare wheels too. I am checking they are actaully the mag wheels first though. Is the mag wheels the ones in the private advert on pistonheads in this post? They also have a spare black bonnet and airbox and outdoor cover. I want the lot....

I cant see any front wing in any pics at all. I think that must be a mistake??

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:26 am

cutch wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm Is the mag wheels the ones in the private advert on pistonheads in this post?
Cutch,

No these are an Aftermarket 5 spoke Alloy.

If you need any more help - give me a ring at the factory.

Henry

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Cutch

Strangely the original private advert on PH says it is a 2009 car but in the dealer's advert it says 2010 - qui?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

cutch

Post by cutch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Yeah we saw. We think they may just be trying to make it look younger, possibly registered in jan.feb etc 2010 becuase it will still be a 59 plate then wont it?