Atom 4 - Pre Spec/Order Discussion

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
reg

Re: Atom 4

Post by reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Here's the album from the visit last week. Various things, looking at them the differences on the bell cranks, the pickup points compared to mine. There's a lot more room inside, it feels much bigger. Apart from that, everything I said before....

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuH4PE7

:tu:

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Evo have reviewed the 4 and the 3.5R this month. See my other post: https://www.ariel.club/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17250
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

reg wrote:Here's the album from the visit last week. Various things, looking at them the differences on the bell cranks, the pickup points compared to mine. There's a lot more room inside, it feels much bigger. Apart from that, everything I said before....

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuH4PE7

:tu:
[mention]reg[/mention] thanks for these photos, is anyone else drooling over these?

Some of the welding shots show how high quality the build is!

Can’t wait for the options list now, especially as I have now broken the news to the wife that I’m actually getting one ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

I've looked at my chassis. I'm not sure there's any difference. I've always thought the chassis construction was lovely.

I've had my car 11 days, still haven't told my wife what it cost. A man in a petrol station asked me the other day, I had to cough and mutter some unconnected bollocks. You're a brave or a reckless man!

Alan

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm

AlanP wrote:I've looked at my chassis. I'm not sure there's any difference. I've always thought the chassis construction was lovely.

I've had my car 11 days, still haven't told my wife what it cost. A man in a petrol station asked me the other day, I had to cough and mutter some unconnected bollocks. You're a brave or a reckless man!

Alan
Alan, don’t get me wrong I think the build quality has always been good, great when the Atom twos came out so I doubt it will be any different to yours, it was more of a sign of excitement. Have you / will you track (ed) it yet?

My wife believes it’s a £40k buy which is kind of right isn’t it??? Image

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 pm

You're bloody funny. Get away with that and you deserve a round of applause and a respectful bow. I really want to see the options list, I love Ariel and I have no idea how they do what they do with their budget.

Good luck!!!

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 pm

I don’t get why 9/10 people ask how much it costs. Proper rude, so it is.

Cheers,
Hedge

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Hedge wrote:I don’t get why 9/10 people ask how much it costs. Proper rude, so it is.

Cheers,
Hedge
Thanks Hedge, I’ll use that if she asks me anymore details of the cost.... “Hedge said it’s bloody rude to ask dear so I can’t tell you” ImageImage

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm

And in front of my wife FFS!

Localised, God induced, lightning event followed.

A

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Yup, spot on.

Tell her not to be so rude. I’m sure that’ll do the trick, so it shall.

#probably

Cheers,
Hedge

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Hedge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 pm I don’t get why 9/10 people ask how much it costs. Proper rude, so it is.

Cheers,
Hedge
It's the same reason people want to know how much money others earn. I assume the reason is simple; to establish whether they too can afford such item or to compare you to them in terms of social standing. Both are bloody rude, I'd say, and my answer to both is more than you could ever imagine! :)

The other comment I get is "how did you pay for that?", my response is I got hold of someones Ethereum private key and robbed their account! to which they say, "what is Ethereum?, and what's a private key?" lol

Try it, it's fun.