single post lift

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Cjg62

Re: single post lift

Post by Cjg62 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:39 pm

Tom, I'm just wondering why you have two different number plates on your car - WX09 AOS ??
:H:
Chris

911tom

Post by 911tom » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:22 am

Because I'm a knob and got the small one made wrong DOH. I decided I didnt like the rigid plate and reverted back to the proper stick on plate.
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:22 am

This is the only single post lift that really impresses me...

Saw him again at the new year. Still doing this and going strong.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

stupot

Post by stupot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Following this with interest as I too would like to be able to lift the Atom, and other cars wheels free, and looked at single posts. Mobile would be the preference but I think we will struggle due to the unique requirements of the Atom.

The arm arrangement shown here could work but only seen this on professional and fixed versions.

http://www.gemco.co.uk/product/004771-autopstenhoj-mistral-single-post-lift-2-5-tonne/

I have ruled out 2 posts as they require reinforced concrete of 6 inches think to safely bolt them down so added expense as unlikely to be found in the majority of domestic garages. If they are positioned close enough for the Atom's frame then it may compromise it's use with other vehicles.
Atom 2 160 (05-11) / Atom 3 245 (12-19 ) / Nomad 300 (22-)

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 pm

that single post looks like it could work but a bit pricey at ove 7K plus VAT
there is also the Nordlift DH2500, very similar but still at 6K inc VAT
Last edited by Rocket Man on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

Just been in contact with the supplier in St.Helens. He is in contact with the manufacturer with regard to the availability of a single post lift in the style posted by Stupot. He told me nothing happens quickly but would let me know. The lifting arm arrangements of that style would suit the Atom more

reg

Post by reg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Another option, a bit left field is to buy a mast from a dead forklift. Concrete into the floor. Hydraulics run off of single phase and they're pretty simple overall.
'he was reet fast'

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:57 am

the two post low hight model is usually the best solution for a domestic garage but requires a deeper reinforced concrete base that most garages dont have. That is the reason i have been seriously looking towards the single post lift that can be moved arround like a pallet truck. A person i know fitted a sissor lift to work on his 1 series BMW track car and said it was a god send and wishes he had done it years ago, he even recessed into the floor and puts a cover over it

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:19 pm

just got this email from the lift suppliers in St.Helens

Hi Keith ,
I`m making some progress with this but it would be only available in static form .
I`m waiting for a drawing from the factory and will keep you advised .

Best regards
Sam

things are looking up, just need to take measurements of the lifting positions to see if the single post will do the job. i don't support anyone has taken the measurements off the car (distance between tubes to lift on both front and back and the distance front to back between these positions)

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:21 pm

If my contact can come up with a lift with these dimensions i am sure it would work. The lowest point on the Atom i can find is 95mm at the water pipes. The lowest point on this lift is 115mm so the car would need to go on to 35mm planks to be safe. The lifting points i can find on the car appear to be about 410mm appart at the front, 530mm appart at the rear and 1920mm front to back (approximate sizes, only appears the front may need a bit of juggling) watch this space still waiting for the drawings to be sent to me
Attachments
image.png

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 pm

This two post has long enough arms to be used with an Atom and a conventional car. Would need a substantial concrete base though
Attachments
image.png

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:45 pm

The overall dimensions
Attachments
image.png

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Just to resurrect a 10 month old thread I have recently come across the 'QuickJack'

This is a portable lift - how portable given the spec weight I'm not sure - but it might be a solution for those who are space limited and just need to lift their Atom or Nomad (there is also a bike lift in the range) enough to work underneath more easily?

https://www.quickjacklift.co.uk/car-lift-systems.html
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 am

I am currently building my man cave and decided to go with a 4 post parking ramp model 1 from this local company

http://www.sjrgarageequipment.co.uk/parking-lifts/

wasp

Post by wasp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 am

Rocket Man wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 am I am currently building my man cave and decided to go with a 4 post parking ramp model 1 from this local company

http://www.sjrgarageequipment.co.uk/parking-lifts/
That looks like a nice piece of kit. :tu:

They may want to revise their spec sheet on the website though as apparently what your buying is only 3.1mm wide, seems a bit mean to charge £2k for it ;) :D

Cheers,
Stu