ARIEL ATOM 3 ???

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Atoman

ARIEL ATOM 3 ???

Post by Atoman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:07 am

I 've seen few words on topics regarding Ariel ATOM 3  ...

Anyone know exactly what should be different on this new version ?  ::)

AtomFun

Re: ARIEL ATOM 3 ???

Post by AtomFun » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:15 am

I think it's akin to vapourware! But I could be wrong, I often am!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:44 am

[quote="Atoman"]
I 've seen few words on topics regarding Ariel ATOM 3  ...
[/quote]
Where have you seen these words? I haven't and I think I'm sadder than most! The only new Atom I'm currently aware of will be the US verion - I guess you could call it a 3, but it's really an Atom US 1, or an Atom 2 US-modified.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

SumFun

Post by SumFun » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:19 pm

I have placed an order for an Atom for delivery next year. An obvious question I posed to Simon Saunders was when the Atom 3 would be in production ? I didn't want to take delivery of a soon-to-be-replaced model !

Simon was categoric that there were no plans to replace the Atom 2 at present. I understand this is the most likely response (to keep competitive advantage) however low volume manufacturers must gain and maintain respect from their customers so I wager he was being upfront and honest.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:23 pm

Congrats!

What model did you plump for? Now you have that dreadful wait!

SumFun

Post by SumFun » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:39 am

[quote="AtomFun"]
Congrats!

What model did you plump for? Now you have that dreadful wait!
[/quote]

Thank you.
The 'dreadful wait' (1st March) for the 245 was my choice and has some inherent advantages.
  i) time to save.
ii) I get to procrastinate before telling the Missus what I have done.
iii) I get to live a bit longer.

I have outlined a spec for the car but will refine it slightly once I have asked for some specific advice from members regarding suspension and stuff.
Last edited by SumFun on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:48 am

I'm guessing you chose the 1st March? Surely the waiting isn't that long?

There's an extensive thread on the old Pistonheads site about "how I should tell her in doors". Lots of tips from very experienced owners!!!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:13 am

Mostly comes down to "I'm thinking of buying a motorbike" and once the screaming and scorning stops, reluctantly compromise on an Atom.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

SumFun

Post by SumFun » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:16 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Mostly comes down to "I'm thinking of buying a motorbike" and once the screaming and scorning stops, reluctantly compromise on an Atom.
[/quote]

Yep.  I started that ploy about two years ago (always plan ahead) and it is starting to have an effect.
We went to see the Atom when in MkI guise and Missus stood there, chin down with arms tightly folded and announced it was "a rediculous death trap with no roof, no doors, no windscreen and holes in the floor. Nothing if not observant!
18 months later I believe she has softened. Now the Atom is ".....a rediculous death trap with no roof, no doors, no windscreen and holes in the floor......but at least it has four wheels.
Never show weakness.

Angie-Babe

Post by Angie-Babe » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:42 pm

:o Geesh you men  ::) us ladies are not silly, we love to see you squirm for things and let you sqirm for ages then we give in. Makes us look good. THEN we reap the benefit of being such a loving wife/partner then we can go shop til we drop for that new outfit we had put by.  ;)