Brake bleeding

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
bovrit

Brake bleeding

Post by bovrit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I am a very new Atom owner and new to the club, I  intend to replace the brake fluid this week.

What method of brake bleeding is most suited to the dual cylinder set up, I am guessing the slave cylinder pull through type attached to air line makes it a one man operation rather than peddle pushing method

Is this successfull ?

thanks

Bryan 

meladdo

Re: Brake bleeding

Post by meladdo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I have used a low pressure EAZIBLEED system in the past for fluid replacement :tu:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:28 pm

[quote="meladdo"]
I have used a low pressure EAZIBLEED system in the past for fluid replacement :tu:
[/quote]
Ditto

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:27 pm

The Eazibleed is a good way to go, a very usefull tool. I used one once with an adaptor to prime the oil system on my pre war Rolls-Royce engine after i rebuilt it. They work well 

ChuckUK

Post by ChuckUK » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

bovrit

Post by bovrit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:53 am

Thanks guys its pretty well what i thought I didnt know if there were any specific atom quirks or tips, i usually push the pedal whilst using the eaziblead but this is not going to be so easy with a dual system

thanks

Bryan 

PaulF

Post by PaulF » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:43 pm

ChuckUK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm These work well if you don't have a compressor;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-VS820-Clutch-Bleeding-System/dp/B000ROARTI
Does anyone else use this? I bought one but the cap doesn't seem to fit on my reservoir. Do I have to use an adaptor?

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:43 am

bovrit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:53 am Thanks guys its pretty well what i thought I didnt know if there were any specific atom quirks or tips, i usually push the pedal whilst using the eaziblead but this is not going to be so easy with a dual system

thanks

Bryan 

eazybleed is good, but be carefull all bleeders need to be taped or replaced, on my atom 3.5 none of the calipers bleeder screws where able to hold a vacuum...bubbles keep coming through the thread