Harness Noise

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
ChuckUK

Harness Noise

Post by ChuckUK » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

If you're like me and get fed up with the noise the harness eyelets make with the metal of the harness here is my solution.

They are available here; http://www.electricalcarservices.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=404&CategoryID=127&L=1 and cost next to nothing.

They also stop the lap belt sides from dropping, which in turn can then catch the sides of the seat.
Attachments
DSC_0271 (Small).JPG
Last edited by ChuckUK on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckUK

Re: Harness Noise

Post by ChuckUK » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Fitted.
Attachments
DSC_0274 (Small).JPG

Lmr025

Post by Lmr025 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Good idea how long you had them on ?

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm

:roflp: ChuckUK - You read my mind, just been to electrical wholesalers to get some grommets for this very reason :tu: After my spring clatter this is my next rattle stop fix....I asked if they come in any other colours ;D WHAT the man said colours...he almost asked me to leave... ;)

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:40 pm

You realy do need a loud radio (wireless for you old folk)

Mattv6

Post by Mattv6 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Greatq find. I was just thinking about these today when driving.
Last edited by Mattv6 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 pm

I had a price to plastic coat the eyelet yesterday and minimum order value would be 250 plus vat and delivery for 8 eyelets :H:

So I thought of some plastic tube - but could not get it to play on the ID of the eye - so thought grommets may do it - but how long will they last? Ive not tried them out yet .......Looking on the net for some nylon more robust units...

ChuckUK

Post by ChuckUK » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:13 pm

I've had them on for about 3 weeks now and all is well. Although they don't really move a lot once fitted, so I think they might last quite some time. I purchased 20, should last me a few years :)

It took me quite a while to find these, as most are the wrong panel size and width, these look OEM in fit.

Some folk may say with a helmet on you can't hear anything, true, but with this lovely weather I'm a goggles man :)

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm

[quote="ChuckUK"]
I've had them on for about 3 weeks now and all is well. Although they don't really move a lot once fitted, so I think they might last quite some time. I purchased 20, should last me a few years :)

It took me quite a while to find these, as most are the wrong panel size and width, these look OEM in fit.

Some folk may say with a helmet on you can't hear anything, true, but with this lovely weather I'm a goggles man :)
[/quote]

Also great if you have the screen and you are cap and shades kinda man..... ;D

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Just ordered some.....hope they work as the belt noise is really annoying when  :vroom:

Michies

Post by Michies » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Chuck UK,

Could you let me have the product number for the Electrical Car Service grommets as the link seems to have ceased functioning?

Many Thanks

ChuckUK

Post by ChuckUK » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Maybe out of stock, after a few on here ordering.

Neoprene Grommet Ø 13mm/PT 5mm. ECS SEDA13017050

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:51 pm

LOL

I use velcro tape. works well and doesn't move.

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Go on ChuckUK...what's the secret to fitting them...took me ages to do the first 2....gave up and had a bottle of wine instead (last night I hasten to add!!)

Do look as though they should work really well though!
Last edited by Northnoble on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckUK

Post by ChuckUK » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:47 pm

You just have to use your fingers to push them in, they are tight but fit perfect.

The harness is also a little tight when you get them through the grommet, just need to be careful not to pinch the rubber with the catch.