Oh b*****s

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
sebby

Oh b*****s

Post by sebby » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 pm

I'm in trouble  >:(

Almost exactly a year after I was banned for doing 108 on a motorway, this morning I was flashed at between 40-45 in a 30.
It was 7:30 am.

Any ideas what might happen to my insurance if I get 3 points now?

nickthegreek

Re: Oh b*****s

Post by nickthegreek » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:22 pm

When i got 3 points, on top of being banned for doing 119.4.  Two years ago, my insurance went up approx £50.

nickthegreek

Post by nickthegreek » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:27 pm

I no this comes a bit late, but it might be of some use to use all in the future is this product which i have yet to try...http://www.photoblockeruk.com/index.html

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:40 pm

[quote="sebby"]
I'm in trouble  >:(

Almost exactly a year after I was banned for doing 108 on a motorway, this morning I was flashed at between 40-45 in a 30.
It was 7:30 am.

Any ideas what might happen to my insurance if I get 3 points now?
[/quote]

there's probably a reason why the road was a 30 mph in the first place....school, pedestrian crossing, people live there? so on that basis... they should throw your licence in the bin for a couple of years! motorways on the other hand were designed for cars to travel at excessive speeds on, so speeding on one of those is ok, as are unpopulated country lanes, dual carriageways blah, blah, blah! oooeeer what have i started?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:58 pm

Usual advice - wait and see, then query, then appeal, then do a google on all the ways you might get off... But you, a pillar of the community, someone children look up to, flargrantly flaunting the law like this, franky flogging's too good for you!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:27 pm

sebby is a teacher? in that case he should be hung, drawn and quartered at the very least!

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:58 pm

and boiled in brine, you forgot that John

sebby

Post by sebby » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Usual advice - wait and see, then query, then appeal, then do a google on all the ways you might get off... But you, a pillar of the community, someone children look up to, flargrantly flaunting the law like this, franky flogging's too good for you!
[/quote]

Flogging - so they reward you for this sort of thing.

In response to Haymanator. There's no School or houses on that part of the road. It is infact a dual carriageway and there is a Courts superstore by the camera. It was 7:30 am so no shopping traffic at all.

Andrew Hobson

Post by Andrew Hobson » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:09 pm

I have a road angel to try and avert this sort of thing.  There are now many similar devices.  Pays for itself in three or four avoided flashes.

John unpopulated country lanes often have horses on them.  I have a a friend whose horse was killed under her.  I try to rememberthis but do not always suceed.

Andrew

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Has anyone got any experience of these?

ANTI GATSO SPRAY 100% LEGAL NUMBER PLATES SHOWPLATES

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-GATSO-SPRAY- ... ER-PLATES-
SHOWPLATES_W0QQitemZ8051645786QQcategoryZ52638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:19 pm

Anything that prevents a camera seeing your number plate is illegal. 

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:39 pm

Not having a number plate is illegal BUT you don't get 3 points when caught. your insurance premium is not affected AND you don't get disqualified.

My front 'plate' fell off before it wasn't put on :)