What percentage of Atoms are exported?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
AtomFun

What percentage of Atoms are exported?

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:02 pm

I can't remember the last time someone posted they were about to collect their shiny new Atom!

Ariel are presently knocking them out at 6 a month so where are they going?

What percentage leave our shores?

Personally, I find it a little odd that â??newâ?? owners from the UK donâ??t appear here! Each to their own of course.

John Lloyd

Re: What percentage of Atoms are exported?

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:14 pm

I think the figures quoted are 250 made and 100 have gone overseas.

Nick Wright

Post by Nick Wright » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:25 pm

I'd be very interested to see a list of chassis numbers from the factory.  Maybe the club could host a proper model register and keep track of any chassis that get written off? 

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:37 pm

[quote="Nick Wright"]
I'd be very interested to see a list of chassis numbers from the factory.  Maybe the club could host a proper model register and keep track of any chassis that get written off? 
[/quote]

I'll leave Bruce to answer fully.  But I do not think the factory would give out that information too much detai.  But I am lead to believe as yet none written off.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:42 pm

[quote="Nick Wright"]
[/quote]The club does have a proper model register. We also have have some chassis numbers from Club members, but you can't see a list, as we aren't allowed to share that information with you (DPA)

The factory is quite cagey about details but given time, the club itself should build up a pretty good picture over the years.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:03 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
[/quote]
Assuming the figures are correct it could means that someone goes to North Perrott to collect a new Atom every week! Who are they?

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:07 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
[/quote]
Assuming the figures are correct it could means that someone goes to North Perrott to collect a new Atom every week! Who are they?
[/quote]

Bruce,

Can we get Simon to hand out a club information pack with each new purchase?  And better still get the club site / forum put on the sales brochuer
Last edited by John Lloyd on Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Just another idea/suggestion.

I notice there are many peeps visiting the forum as guests. Some of course register, some don't and probably never return. I wonder if it would be a good idea to post a 'sticky' aimed at these guests giving them encouragement to register - sell the benefits and fun to be had in the forum.

rjp

Post by rjp » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi all,

I registered with the club and this forum as a way of finding as much out as possible about Atoms, after starting my reaseach on the PH forum. Sites like this help with the research you get to find out good/bad points, problems, fixes and to get an idea of social side of ownership. I do hope to become an owner sometime in the future, I just don't know when.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:19 pm

You're more than welcome.

This forum is an excelent resource if yoou're thinking of buying an Atom. Best people to ask are those that own them. Some have been Atom owners since the first Mk1s. Some of us are waiting patiently for our cars!!

If you need a little persuassion, you'll get it here.

Where are you located?

Have fun

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:28 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Bruce, Can we get Simon to hand out a club information pack with each new purchase?  And better still get the club site / forum put on the sales brochuer
[/quote] Well, I'm negotiating to get the club site on the foactory sites, and there was a newsletter which was handed out by the factory - I guess I ought to do another one...

Sigh... more work!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:48 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
Bruce, Can we get Simon to hand out a club information pack with each new purchase?  And better still get the club site / forum put on the sales brochuer
[/quote] Well, I'm negotiating to get the club site on the foactory sites, and there was a newsletter which was handed out by the factory - I guess I ought to do another one...

Sigh... more work!
[/quote]
A man of you multitasking skills! (See other thread). I would have though you could manage this in your sleep!  ;D ;D