Joined the ranks

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
g8kam

Re: Joined the ranks

Post by g8kam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Your're not kidding about your reversing, aren't you?

Your rear wheels on grass :D ;D

fish

Post by fish » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:39 pm

Yep I knew it was previously yours, it seams to have had an interesting life. Drives very well just needs some better tyres, it's on bridgestones at the mo. I'll be putting A048s on I think.

Also going to fit intercom, brake bias and battery cut out.

Very pleased with the car...

I also had a friend of mine moan he was in the Black Gallardo you overtook at Silverstone.... he was worried his car was too slow... ;D

fish

Post by fish » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 pm

I pushed the car out and ran out of strength when it hit the grass, I did want it all on the grass but I'm a lazy bugger..

hollypop

Post by hollypop » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:48 pm

[quote="fish"]

I also had a friend of mine moan he was in the Black Gallardo you overtook at Silverstone.... he was worried his car was too slow... ;D
[/quote]

To his defense if I remember right he said he'd only been on a couple of track days with his Gaylardo. Still wasn't quite as fast!  :D

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:06 pm

[quote="fish"]
Yep I knew it was previously yours, it seams to have had an interesting life. Drives very well just needs some better tyres, it's on bridgestones at the mo. I'll be putting A048s on I think.
[/quote]
It'd put money on them being the same set of Bridgestone Potenzas that were on when I had it - which in turn were the same ones on it from new. They were, to put it mildly pretty hopeless - designed for a much heavier car. They'll now be two and a half years old too!

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:14 pm

I've noticed your car don't have the front number plate on, also the yellow one in the gallery (ATOM 120?)

Is it allowed/legal?

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:18 pm

No, illegal :)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:19 pm

£30 fine if you get stopped - but not a points on license offence
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

fish

Post by fish » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:34 pm

However should you have a mis-spaced or obscured plate, which technically the stick on one is as it doesn't comply with the BS code(not vertical and fonts not standard) it is upto £1000 and 3 points. This is obviously why I have removed it for the lessor crime of not displaying a mark which as Bruce says is £30 and NO points.

It also looks alot better.. ;D

Since my picture was taken I may have lost mine in a freak hairdryer accident :laugh:
Last edited by fish on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:37 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
£30 fine if you get stopped - but not a points on license offence
[/quote]Just a thought...mobile radar speed trap caught u speeding, but no plate, could the police physically  stop u and give u the speeding ticket? But...technically speaking, he can't proof it on the photogragh, cause no number plate i.d. ....right?

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:42 pm

There is a bracket available that fits beneath the front liight cluster. I have one fitted but someone must have stolen my plate! :)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:42 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
There is a bracket available that fits beneath the front liight cluster. I have one fitted but someone must have stolen my plate! :)
[/quote]

Actually it's secured by the light fixings

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
[quote="AtomFun"]
[/quote]

Actually it's secured by the light fixings
[/quote]

Ignore the family look at the light cluster and underneath it you can see the plate mount, mine must have fallen off too.  :D

swissatom

Post by swissatom » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:25 pm

Fish, Congratulations. I was just over in Ashbourne visiting for my dear old mum's birthday at the weekend. It'll probably be one my first stops when I get my car in a few months (please god!!!!) before bringing it back to Switzerland. I'll get in touch when i know when I'll be there again. Where exactly are you?

Clive

fish

Post by fish » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 pm

We are about 3-4miles outside Ashbourne...Give me a bit of notice and we can grab a pint...

James  :D