Atomclub Insurance deal with CCI/Aviva (No Longer Available)

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
John H

Atomclub Insurance deal with CCI/Aviva (No Longer Available)

Post by John H » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 am

Finally managed to negotiate all of this on behalf of the club.
Their rates are really good: for example, I have a car valued at 67k and live in Central London and my premium was 750 quid fully comp with a named driver.
You also get 5 free track days thrown in.
This is what I have been sent today

http://www.towergaterisksolutions.co.uk ... index.html

Hi John
If possible, it would be good to add the link to the club’s website so that the members can make use of it. In an ideal world, if a ‘sticky’ post could be added to the forum and then perhaps a link from the main page too? We can supply a banner if required.

As discussed, we scrapped the original site we had put together and restarted it to keep it as absolutely simple as possible.

What we’re offering is a 10% discount on the standard rates from Aviva for the Atoms themselves (subject to acceptance criteria) and then competitive rates for all other classes of insurance for Club members. The Atom enquiries will go straight through to Competition Car to handle and I will be personally dealing with all other enquiries.

If you want me to put some text together to add to the Atom site let me know, otherwise I’ll leave it up to you. We’re happy to be ‘working in partnership’ with the Club.

As we talked about previously, not every member of the Club will be accepted under the Aviva criteria and we will try our best to place them with alternative insurers. The longer we can run the partnership the more influence and evidence we’ll have to go back to Aviva with to widen their criteria.

PaulP

Re: Atomclub Insurance deal with CCI/Aviva (No Longer Available)

Post by PaulP » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Now that sounds like a good deal.  If they'll insure a lune like you at that price, an old guy like me in the sticks should get a really good price. I'll give them a ring in two months when my renewal's due.

Thanks John (Homo)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Sounds great. Ta, mate.

Any idea what the criteria will be?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Great work John  :tu: 

What annual mileage did you put down for your quote out of interest ?

Michies

Post by Michies » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:48 am

John,

I have just used the arrangement you have put together for the insurance on my Atom 3 300 which is due for renewal on 4/1. I am very pleased with the cover and the premium. Thanks for organising this on behalf of the club.

John H

Post by John H » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm meeting them again on Monday, so will be posting an update shortly thereafter.

pete300

Post by pete300 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:17 pm

I have a honda civic type r as well as an atom do you think they would insure both of them on 1 policy?

John H

Post by John H » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm

[quote="pete300"]
I have a honda civic type r as well as an atom do you think they would insure both of them on 1 policy?
[/quote]
Probably.......................they are pretty flexible.
defo worth an ask.
If they say no, PM me and I'll talk to them about how they re losing out on business etc etc

Fredrik F

Post by Fredrik F » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:22 am

Is it possible for me as a swedish ariel atom owner to subscribe for this insurance.

John H

Post by John H » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:16 pm

[quote="scarface75"]
Is it possible for me as a swedish ariel atom owner to subscribe for this insurance.
[/quote]
I doubt it to be honest.

pete300

Post by pete300 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:35 pm

No joy john with insuring 2 cars on 1 policy unless i was using the type r for track use only, they won't insure it for everyday use.

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 pm

John,
      Thanks for getting this organised. Insured with them today for £135 less than Richard Egger quoted me to renew my existing policy.

PS: When I asked REIS to match the quote, they said that CCI will always manage to undercut them, and they refuse to price match, so I can see CCI getting a fair bit more of their business.

Thanks,
Rob.

Rich Cox

Post by Rich Cox » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Rob,

I got a price from CCI which was about £20 cheaper than my renewal from REIS and you got an extra track day cover, got the same response from REIS when I asked them to match it.

But when I then asked CCI to quote on our family car, an Octavia VRS, they never responded. I also found the contact from CCI disjointed when compared to the personal service offered from REIS so I decided to pay that bit extra and stay with REIS.