Atom 4 - Build and Collection

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
44 TOY

Re: Atom 4

Post by 44 TOY » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Congratulations Andy, it looks amazing! Let us know how you get on with it!

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:19 am

Think a crate of cider (roight) more floats their bag than cakes, tbh.

Cheers,
Hedge

Tompy

Post by Tompy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Just finalised spec

350 upgrade
Limited slip differential
Bafled engine oil sump
Ap racing 4 pot front and rear
Handbrake system
Remote brake bias big yellow knob ;D
Bilstein single adjustable dampers
Reversing camera system
Stainless steel fixings
Machined alu mirror set
Aero screen
High level brake light
Carbon fibre aerofoil front and rear
Gunmetal chassis
Black panels and wheels

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:59 pm

"Just finalised spec"

No such thing :)
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Tompy

Post by Tompy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:08 pm

John Scherrer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:59 pm "Just finalised spec"

No such thing :)
😀 i think this will be enough. Dealer belgium send everything to ariel because they needed to order all the parts
Maybe in the future add some bits and stuffs

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Tompy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:32 pm Just finalised spec

350 upgrade
Limited slip differential
Bafled engine oil sump
Ap racing 4 pot front and rear
Handbrake system
Remote brake bias big yellow knob ;D
Bilstein single adjustable dampers
Reversing camera system
Stainless steel fixings
Machined alu mirror set
Aero screen
High level brake light
Carbon fibre aerofoil front and rear
Gunmetal chassis
Black panels and wheels

You are my new best Belgium friend 😄.

Anon

Post by Anon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 pm

AndyH wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:31 pm Hi All. Sorry thought I had attached photos 🧐. Top tip !! If want to be loved by the guys at the factory take a big bag of cakes🧁
Very nice. You must feel like a dog with 2 dicks right now!

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:49 pm

AndyH wrote:Hi All. Sorry thought I had attached photos Image. Top tip !! If want to be loved by the guys at the factory take a big bag of cakesImage
I wonder how many people like me are salivating just now, oh well just 12/13 months left on the waiting list lol

Can’t wait to see a video when you get the time bud and your review, suggest you might be busy but none the less, let us all know what you think please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:30 am

simonrhart wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 pm
AndyH wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:31 pm Hi All. Sorry thought I had attached photos 🧐. Top tip !! If want to be loved by the guys at the factory take a big bag of cakes🧁
Very nice. You must feel like a dog with 2 dicks right now!
Ha! Only 2 more like 5 !!! 🤩🤩
Atom4 :vroom: :checkeredflag: Live : East Yorkshire

AndyH

First 400 + miles in my Atom 4

Post by AndyH » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Luckky wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:49 pm
AndyH wrote:Hi All. Sorry thought I had attached photos Image. Top tip !! If want to be loved by the guys at the factory take a big bag of cakesImage
I wonder how many people like me are salivating just now, oh well just 12/13 months left on the waiting list lol

Can’t wait to see a video when you get the time bud and your review, suggest you might be busy but none the less, let us all know what you think please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Luckky

Cut to the chase, when your car arrives YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!

After racking up over 400 miles in 4 days mainly driving around the new forest I can give you my first impressions of the car. This is my first Atom so I cannot compare it to the previous car.

On the road the car is pure driving heaven. My car has the variable boost control, which in position 1 makes driving in urban traffic very smooth and easy. On the open road turn the knob to 3 and the performance is just astonishing. That said the power delivery is very smooth with very little or no lag. The squeals and whooshes that come out the air intake are addictive, you find yourself blipping the throttle just to hear the noise.

The ride is amazing for a lightweight sports car, even on the bumpiest of roads the suspension deals with potholes and bumps with no dramas or need to correct the steering. It stays very flat through corners and under braking. I’m a big guy, but found the seat is very comfortable and the driving position is excellent, with very little buffeting even at high speed. The new full colour dash gives you very clear info in an easy to read format. The switches and knobs that surround it are logically set out and very easy to use.

Sometimes the factory get criticised on the forum, but in my opinion the Lads in Crewkerne have done an amazing job with the Atom 4 and I’m one very, very happy customer.

Now impatiently counting down the days until Friday when the factory deliver my car up to East Yorkshire.

Cheers

Andy
Atom4 :vroom: :checkeredflag: Live : East Yorkshire

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:14 pm

[glow][/glow]It sounds amazing Andy, you are a lucky man being the first customer to receive their car, I bet you can't wait to get it home. Do you mind sharing the spec on your car? I'm particularity interested in the suspension/brakes from your comments as mine will mainly be for road use.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Andy’s comments about the ride/ performance/ handling echos pretty much exactly what Ariel/ journos & a few others of us have been saying from day one, so all good.

Strong effort putting in so many miles in 4 days, too. Respect

Cheers,
Hedge

wasp

Post by wasp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm

I have just been lucky enough to have a run out in the other car that went of Ariel last Friday.
Thank you very much to kind owner. :tu: :tu:
This time it was on roads that I'm familiar with and have driven my other Atoms over.

Apart from being extremely grateful to the owner, all I can say is wow!

I have had 2 Atoms before but this really is different, very different.

I know it's been said by numerous others but it really has redefined the genre and if you don't go crazy on the spec you will have the motoring bargain of the decade. The car stops, goes, turns and rides with a competence that I never imagined possible for a car of its ilk. Forget the 0-60 times, this car will deliver excitement in a very different but just as engaging a way. The pick up is astonishing (350 map) but also there's a delicacy now that never existed before. Just on the road and short-shifting as the car is being run in it's deeply impressive. There will be different skills to learn to get the most out of it but what's the point of a new car if it doesn't deliver a different experience?

I expect that there will some track reviews before too long and having experienced what I just have, I think it will blow the last car into the water over a lap. I think the cornering speeds will be massively improved, I can't see a 3.5 ever getting close to the compliance of the 4 and even a 3.5 on Ohlins will not match the new cars ability to ride out imperfections and apex kerbs.

For anyone like me who wondered if the 4 could be as much fun or as engaging as the 3.5's that they love, all I can say is for me it's a resounding yes, the wait is definitely worth it. I can't wait for mine to come through.

Hope that helps some like me who feel like they have been waiting forever!!

Cheers,
Stu

Tompy

Post by Tompy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm

wasp wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm I have just been lucky enough to have a run out in the other car that went of Ariel last Friday.
Thank you very much to kind owner. :tu: :tu:
This time it was on roads that I'm familiar with and have driven my other Atoms over.

Apart from being extremely grateful to the owner, all I can say is wow!

I have had 2 Atoms before but this really is different, very different.

I know it's been said by numerous others but it really has redefined the genre and if you don't go crazy on the spec you will have the motoring bargain of the decade. The car stops, goes, turns and rides with a competence that I never imagined possible for a car of its ilk. Forget the 0-60 times, this car will deliver excitement in a very different but just as engaging a way. The pick up is astonishing (350 map) but also there's a delicacy now that never existed before. Just on the road and short-shifting as the car is being run in it's deeply impressive. There will be different skills to learn to get the most out of it but what's the point of a new car if it doesn't deliver a different experience?

I expect that there will some track reviews before too long and having experienced what I just have, I think it will blow the last car into the water over a lap. I think the cornering speeds will be massively improved, I can't see a 3.5 ever getting close to the compliance of the 4 and even a 3.5 on Ohlins will not match the new cars ability to ride out imperfections and apex kerbs.

For anyone like me who wondered if the 4 could be as much fun or as engaging as the 3.5's that they love, all I can say is for me it's a resounding yes, the wait is definitely worth it. I can't wait for mine to come through.

Hope that helps some like me who feel like they have been waiting forever!!

Cheers,
Stu
Hi.

Is there a big difference between the 320 and 350?
Or you didnt had a go in the 320?

wasp

Post by wasp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Tompy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm Hi.
Is there a big difference between the 320 and 350?
Or you didnt had a go in the 320?
I have been in the 320 before and it is very good, it's just that the 350 map feels more aggressive, which adds a bit more character to the car. I like my car to be a bit more edgy than most.

If you've not had an Atom before then I would do 320 all the way and consider adding the 350 kit a year or two down the line.

Cheers,
Stu