Atom 4 - Spec and Discussion

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Corky

Re: Atom 4

Post by Corky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Aero is first pick of the options for me

I love Atoms with full aero. I can’t wait to see the new aero in the flesh.
Atom 4
Porsche 992 GTS

Nick C

Post by Nick C » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:30 am

just read all 27 pages.... and despite what cvjoint says ;) - I really , really want one now... :tu:

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Bit quiet in ere at the mo.....

Tis mid-Feb now.

Anyone going into build?

I haven't heard anything in a while....
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Peter255 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm Bit quiet in ere at the mo.....

Tis mid-Feb now.

Anyone going into build?

I haven't heard anything in a while....
They haven't started building them as yet. They are still waiting for a couple of parts to be sorted. I think they will be a few more weeks yet before production starts. Hopefully they will catch up when full production starts. I expect new car with new suppliers was always going to be a bit of a headache for them.

Anon

Post by Anon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:32 pm

The price for the seq gearbox has not been announced yet nor forged alloys and a whole bunch of other things. So these are probably being worked on. Until this happens, I can't see how any car will go into build.

Lets hope sooner than later.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Check back in at 'Easter' ? ;D
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:57 am

If its a few more weeks as has been suggested before they start builds I am certainly concerned as things will have slipped by a couple of months from Jan to March. :'(

Hopefully Ariel will update those waiting when things are moving..... soon.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:57 pm

I personally would humbly suggest that the first deliveries will probably be at least 3 (or more?) months later than originally planned and that the first builds will inevitable take longer than expected as the guys doing the building gain experience - and develop the best way (i.e.short cuts) to build the cars - with the new components and specs!!(
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Anon

Post by Anon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:32 pm

If you are right Mr. autobackup, this would make a winter delivery for me, not a summer one in which case I would chose for a 2020 delivery. No point in having the beast sat in the garage over winter without the ability to drive it, that's torture!

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Small update from me.

Henry has confirmed that customer builds have still not commenced, but they are still aiming at starting deliveries in Spring at some point.

That is all... :vroom:

Phil H

Post by Phil H » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:02 am

Hello all , i had the pleasure of being a passenger in the 4 yesterday with Henry ( Top bloke ) weather conditions just perfect . Didn't expect to be out in the Atom in February . Before i do tell of my short ride i'll give a quick perspective of my view point . The last Atom i had was a 2 supercharged year 2005. I sold this in 2010 so it's some time since i last drove one . But the memory is still strong . I would say it's the most exciting car i've had the pleasure to drive up until yesterday . I've heard reports the new car may not be exciting or raw enough as before . Well for me it sure is both ! The real standout point for me was how well it rides our U.K roads . Simply seems to be in another league to how i remember my old Atom 2 .
Before the test ride my biggest apprehension was what i would think to Ariel going from supercharger to turbo . Well from the passenger seat i would say this is not a problem at all . Sure it wasn't my foot on the go faster pedal so i don't know really know how much lag there is but it sure felt fine as a passenger . I simply can't think of a thing not to like about the new 4 ( well maybe the price of the carbon wheels & gearbox ) .
It's been awhile for me to be this excited about a car and cannot wait to get my hands on mine . You guys getting your cars this year are so lucky .
I have to wait while next year and will be waiting anxiously for all your reports .
I would also like to say dealing with Henry is a breath of fresh air after dealing with other car sales people ! So helpful and not wanting to sell you a car with all the options you don't need like other car sales companies .
Phil

reg

Post by reg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Peter255 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 pm Small update from me.

Henry has confirmed that customer builds have still not commenced, but they are still aiming at starting deliveries in Spring at some point.

That is all... :vroom:
Thanks for the update. It's a shame the factory can't communicate something to the buyers with deposits placed.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:01 pm

This is all meant with the best will in the world:
reg wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm communicate something to the buyers with deposits placed
We do!

When we are ready to get your spec underway so we can build your car, we let you know about 2-3 months before your car is due to be built. so we can discuss in good time what options you may not / may want. This is outlined in the receipt letter you receive from us when you order a car.

It has always been this way, and always will be!

We don't give out week by week updates to everyone, as it just takes up too much time, emailing everyone on the list individually.
And a 'mail shot' wont work, because everyone's waiting time is different (according to when they ordered). If we generalise all our customers this way, we feel as though its removing the personal touch.

We are happy to discuss anyone's order with them, as many have over the past weeks / months. We also understand that you are anxious to get your hands on your new cars - but we cant build them if we don't have the parts to do so (its more a case of quality control than actually having the parts) and a car perfectly put together with marked wheels, or marked body panels from new is just disappointing, for you, and for us!

We understand you want your car ASAP. And we want you to have it ASAP, believe me! And this is what we are doing, as you may have seen we are recruiting for more technicians, and parts personnel to 'up the ante' and hit into the Atom 4 waiting list afresh and with great enthusiasm.

Please bear with us - this is the first time the car has been redesigned since 1999. We have new suppliers and new, more reliable ways of doing things. The Atom 4 will be better in every way, just a little more patience and i promise it will pay off.

Anon

Post by Anon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks for the message Henry. The frustration from people (and this is my perception from reading the forums etc.) is there is no messaging on when the build will likely start, when the prices will be released for seq gearbox or forged allows etc. - unless I suspect on a 1:1 basis. I know we have a spring delivery, but it's almost spring now. I kind of need this info sooner than later. Then there is the price list, if you come back and tell me a Quaife seq box is going to cost £15k then I will likely buy something else but need to know sooner than later as I don't want to lose this year.

At the moment, I have no idea when you will come back and tell me the cost of POA items on the price list. Equally, if you gave an indication of when build might start, then again decisions can be made because I can figure out when my car will likely go into build which is around 5 months from the 1st car - give or take. At the moment I could be waiting until Christmas or next spring in which case I'd probably go buy something else instead rather than lose another year waiting for an Atom.

Hopefully this makes sense.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 pm

Does any of the Atom 4 guys know what compounds Avon tyre is being used on the 4?

I’m searching like a mad man, but don’t find any hints...
Going the Avon route on my 3.5...so want to know, who can help?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days