Buying new car...

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
benyeats

Re: Buying new car...

Post by benyeats » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 pm

I have the latest in weather gear in the form of a 13 year old gore tex kagool and some Frank Thomas riderwear trousers which will shortly be upgraded for breathable alternatives. 

When I have driven the car in a real downpour I had a problem with runoff from my helmet (careful) going down the back of my neck so got a bit moist, having said that on that occasion it was so wet rain was coming in through the air vent on top of the helmet.  Could probably fix the leak if I spent a bit more time getting preapared for the wet.

I am currently on the lookout for new slightly trendier goretex gear but have yet to find any that fit me well enough.

If you get really wet the vents on top of the exhaust make an ideal drying rack for gloves and stuff.

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:03 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
If you get really wet the vents on top of the exhaust make an ideal drying rack for gloves and stuff.
[/quote]

NB This only works on a Mk1!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:05 am

[quote="benyeats"]
having said that on that occasion it was so wet rain was coming in through the air vent on top of the helmet.
[/quote]
That's why I usually drive round with duck tape over the air vents on my helmet!!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:10 am

It's actually amazingly practical and often surprises me. Apart from John's beer barrel and Andy's marquee, I've now had a complete set of 15" wheels in mine (two in the footwell, two in the passenger seat) which was nice...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London